THIS JOB POSTING IS NOW CLOSED!
Teen Ambassador Job Description
Overview: The Road to Wellness 5K Walk/Run is The Dimock Center’s major community engagement event of the year. It was launched in 2015 to bring together members of our community to celebrate health, wellness and the Roxbury neighborhood. It is the only 5K of its kind to go through the Roxbury neighborhood. Event participation has tripled in the past three years, with more than 1,000 people participating in September 2017. Our goal is to welcome 1,200 children and adults this year.
Opportunity: We seek 10 Teen Ambassadors, between the ages of 14 and 18, to conduct community outreach and team building/recruitment for The Walk/Run. This is a leadership opportunity for teens who want to strengthen their communities and have an impact via social media and other forms of outreach.
Stipend, Hours and Schedule: $1,000 for 10 hours/week from July 9 through September 8, 2018. This includes participating in a weekly race training session at Franklin Park, held on Saturdays from 9:00 – 10:00 a.m. Teen Ambassadors will work with Dimock staff to create their weekly schedule. A Workers Permit is required for ages 14-17.
- Conduct outreach activities to promote the Walk/Run to other teens:
- Utilize social media to generate excitement about the event
- Host information tables on Dimock’s campus and at various community events
- Distribute Walk/Run posters and flyers at teen programs in Roxbury and surrounding neighborhoods
- Participate in and promote the weekly Walk/Run training sessions.
- Work at and participate in the event on Saturday, September 8, 2018 between early morning and early afternoon:
- Set up and break down event
- Help lead Kids’ Fun Run for young children
- Participate in the Walk/Run on a Teen Ambassador Team
Interested? Please contact: Taisha Hendrickson, Director of Marketing and Communications, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-442-8800, ext. 1285